tisdag 2 februari 2010

The Proust Questionnaire

1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
I've been told that it's depressing that I don't believe in happiness. I believe in being content, and finding peace. "Perfec happiness" is a curse, either we are chasing after something we'll never find, or we do find it for a moment, and then we'll have to live with knowing what we are lacking for the rest of our lives.

2. What is your greatest fear?
I'm afraid of leaving this world without having made an impact. Dying and not being missed, or leaving a legacy. I'm afraid of being truly alone.

3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
My lack of understanding of others feelings. Or possibly my fear of rejection.

4. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Idiocy of any kind.

5. Which living person do you most admire?
I greatly admire my father.

6. What is your greatest extravagance?
Cocholate. Or coffee.

7. What is your current state of mind?
Pensive, I suppose.

8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
Are we talking heavenly virtues, cardinal virtues, theological virtues, knightly virtues or what?

9. On what occasion do you lie?
To spare my own emotions. (And my feelings take a beating whenever there is tension in my surroundings...)

10. What do you most dislike about your appearance?
Well, if I could, no work needed, decrease the size of my thighs, I wouldn't mind. Or generally loose 5~10 kg. But meh... I don't have the ork.

11. Which living person do you most despise?
Most? Gosh, that's a difficult question.

12. What is the quality you most like in a man?
Humor? Safety? Trustworthyness? Confidence? I don't know.

13. What is the quality you most like in a woman?
Same as for men.

14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
"Good thing."

15. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
I don't know yet.

16. When and where were you happiest?
I was happy in Lövbråten, June 2006. I was happy in Chieti, July/August 2002. I was happy at home, the summer of 2005. I was happy when dancing, Hellerup, spring term of 2009.

17. Which talent would you most like to have?
I'd like to be wittier, in a way that common folks could understand and appreciate.

18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I wish I was more disciplined. You know, did my studying, handed in my worksheets and the likes.

19. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
I survived an entire summer with Långskånk and Katt. I'm surprised I didn't go berserk at any point that summer.

20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
I dunno. I'm perfectly satisfied with being me.

21. Where would you most like to live?
Anywhere I can call home.

22. What is your most treasured possession?
I quite like my hats. And I'd be devestated if I ever lost Nibbles.

23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
No idea.

24. What is your favorite occupation?
I can't choose one. I like talking to myself. Philosophising. Reading. Drawing, singing, cooking. Walking. Spending time with my friends. Watching films. Et cetera, ad nauseum.

25. What is your most marked characteristic?
Marked characteristic? And isn't that one of those questions it'd be better if you asked someone who is not me?

26. What do you most value in your friends?
Humor, intelligence, trust...

27. Who are your favorite writers?
Göran Tunström, Neil Gaiman, Patricia A. McKillip, Viktor Rydberg, Tove Jansson. Tove Jansson, I tell you!

28. Who is your hero of fiction?
I'm quite fond of "The New Question" because she is awesome. And Fool from Hobbs Farseer-series.

29. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
Leon Trotsky, for some reason.

30. Who are your heroes in real life?
My father, my mother. A few of my friends.

31. What are your favorite names?
I feel that names are bereft of value if they are on their own. Names attached to a person have value, but then again, that value comes from the person that I associate the name with. But I like Viktor (and Viktoria). Pontus, Johan. Emil, Yrs. Kristian.

32. What is it that you most dislike?
Stupidity in all its forms. I've got a huge aversion to cigarette smoke.

33. What is your greatest regret?
I don't really have any regrets, per se. Life may have been more pleasurable if certain events had played out differently, but it didn't, and had it done so I wouldn't be the same person that I am now.

34. How would you like to die?
Calmly and painfree.

35. What is your motto?
Det löser sig!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Hi, please use a nick even if you go anonymous, it makes conversations easier.
Also, do attempt to be kind in your comments!